Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Jim Dunlop Guitar Picks


4420-NYLON-STD-PICK
Originally uploaded by url1.
A small detail in your kit; perhaps the smallest piece of equipment you use regularly is this innocuous little piece of plastic-your pick. This is a Dunlop Nylon Pick, and is probably one of the most popular picks used by the guitarists I know and have met over the years. It has a great feel, and comes in varying thicknesses to suite any need. I have used at one time or another-as I've gone through my many stages of development and stylings- most of the gauges available, and they all have a familiar texture, grip and flexibility that i really like. They have a textured area surrounding the raised lettering (front and back) that really helps prevent slipping and unwanted movement of the pick, especially when your hands are sweating.
Currently, I am using the 1 mm.

No comments: